Sunday, July 6, 2014

Martha and Me...





           So I have this book, its a Martha Stewart homemaking book.

Here is the book on Amazon

            I have had it for several years, and I have used it. I can fold a fitted sheet like no ones business. But my use of that book ends about right there. Would you be shocked to know that that book was given to me as a gift? And would you be shocked if I told you my sweet husband was the gift giver of that book?

          So there it sat, collecting dust which I'm convinced is a sin if you are a Martha Stewart book. Anyway...Ray asked me about the book. And he sweetly reminded me that it had all these great cleaning list...daily, weekly, monthly, seasonally....you name it and there is a list for the how and the why and the whatever of cleaning.

          So let me say this,  its my job to clean my house, its not Rays job. It's really my job. Ray leaves the house to do his job, my job just happens to be in the same place that I live. So because this is true, it can sometimes be boring, or sometimes I don't want to do because lets be honest, who enjoys cleaning toilets, especially ones that little boys use. So because I wanted to mix things up a bit and make my real job more interesting, I now introduce you to the Martha Stewart challenge.

         I will spend the entire month of July...minus the first few days of the month because come on people I just thought of this....cleaning and doing things the way Martha Stewart does from the book mentioned above. Everything, really I mean everything! And I will tell you all about it because yay, I'm going to blog my whole experience of being Martha for a month...minus the jail time and gardening clogs. Really, who wants to wear gardening clogs when you can just stick your feet in the dirt.

       So now you know and now its real and now I will be held accountable because I might be slightly notorious for starting something and not finishing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment