Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I need a maid



       Day three is over. I am tired. I am sitting here writing this with my hand in a bag of cheddar jalapeño Cheetos and its  not a single serving size bag. It's the big one. I'm not usually this worn out on a Wednesday from just a few days of cleaning.

        Today I cleaned the kitchen. I had been dreading this day. Let me just say that my kitchen wasn't filthy before this either.  Molly could eat off my kitchen floor and I didn't give it much thought, truthfully I may have picked candy up from that floor and eaten it, but come on. Its candy. But my kitchen has never been Martha Stewart clean. Never. Ever.

        On different days of the week some part of my kitchen was always clean. Like maybe my microwave was clean but my oven was a little dirty. Or the counter tops were sparkling but my floor needed to be mopped. Not today. Today every last thing in that kitchen has been cleaned. In fact, I didn't let anyone go in the kitchen today after I cleaned it. Usually the kids make their own lunches. Well, I make Molly's  and the older kids each make their own lunch and lunch for one of the younger boys. Not today. We had tacos for dinner and usually my kids make their own. Not today.  No one was allowed in.

         Today I cleaned my dishwasher, oven, microwave, stovetop, refrigerator and freezer and wiped all my cabinets down and swept and mopped. After typing all that out I have decided that the kitchen will forever be off limits.

       I think cleaning this way wouldn't be that bad, if that was all I did, but I still have my  regular stuff that needs to be done. Or stuff that's regular to me, like weeding my garden or doing at least two loads of laundry a day...seven people live here, need I say more? I also dust and vacuum everyday. Every.single.day. But I do that because we have a very large dog that sheds a very large amount and it makes me crazy to have dog hair everywhere.

      But I do love that so far this week all the bathrooms, bedrooms and my kitchen are clean and I won't have to do to much to them until next week. So all the hard work is so far worth it. So far.  On Friday I might have a completely different attitude.

      And now I'm wondering if Martha has an efficient way to kill flys in her ginormous book. It's either get rid of the flys or get rid of the little people that keep letting them in. And those little folks don't seem to be leaving anytime soon.

     And are you wondering about the bag Cheetos I mentioned in the second sentence? Its gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment