Monday, July 21, 2014

A case of the Mondays




   


      Well today is Monday. Monday in my house is a big cleaning and laundry day. It's an even bigger cleaning day since I decided to clean by the book...the Martha Stewart homemaking book. But it's also my first real day home from my mini vacation with Ray and to say I had no motivation to clean anything is an understatement.

             
              I spent Thursday through Sunday in Boulder, Colorado with Ray. I'm sure I could just end it there and you all would nod in understanding, thinking to yourselves....of course she doesn't want to clean, she just left one of the most beautiful places and came home to Oklahoma. So you're right. That was my mind set all morning.

             I loved Boulder, truly loved it and I could have stayed. Forever. I loved the mountains, the food, the people, the shopping and taffy. Yep, I bought an unreal amount of taffy and ate all of it. All except 12 pieces that I shared with my kids. Pretty generous huh.


           So that brings me back to today and back to reality. Yuck. Ray is still in Boulder so I'm still cleaning without anyone telling me I'm awesome. That sucks. So because I was gone for several days my house needed to be cleaned. My mom was here with the kids while I was gone and she did a great job watching her grand kids, but for some reason she didn't scrub my toilets. I guess it slipped her mind.

   
           That meant that today was a bathroom cleaning, toilet scrubbing, laundry doing, garden weeding kind of day and I was not excited about any of it. But in the end I did it. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to. I said I would and dang it I'm gonna do it. I also started getting ready for Lizzie's birthday sleep over today. The party is tomorrow. Tomorrow. What? I am usually unprepared for parties and this one is no exception. So of course that meant the Pinterest searching started today for the planning of the party that starts tomorrow. It's ok, I got this and I'll blog about it. Because that's how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment