Tuesday, July 8, 2014

And day two went like this....





          So I seem to be learning more about my family throughout all this cleaning more then I am learning about cleaning while I am doing all this cleaning. Today I learned my children are hoarders. The whole mess of them, just a bunch of hoarders. And they don't hoard cool stuff, nope. My kids hoard trash. Real trash, real throw in the trash can trash. Trash.

         On day two of cleaning I chose off Martha's weekly list to do bedrooms.  We have a five bedroom house. Holy cow. I loved all this space when we were looking at this house and I loved the idea of five bedrooms. Today I hate all five bedrooms.

         On the what needs to be done in the bedroom list, I had to launder all sheets and pillow cases, dust every surface in the entire room, every surface. Everything, that included fans and light fixtures. On a weekly list? Who does that every week? If I did that every week there would be no dust to dust off.  And I had to empty trash cans. But like I said in the very first part my children are trash hoarders so instead of emptying trash cans I carried around a giant trash bag and through mountains of crap away. And then I had to vacuum all the bedrooms.

      So because I am also following her monthly list and wash all bedspreads and blankets  is on the monthly list I thought I might as well tackle that since I had to strip all the beds and wash all that stuff anyway. A million...no joke....a million hours later I have decided that our next house will have one bedroom and we will have a family bed.  And one set of sheets and a blanket. And while I am at it, one set of clothes each.

No comments:

Post a Comment