Friday, July 11, 2014

Its Friday ya'll....




      Hello Friday. SO cleaning the way I have been this week has been interesting. It has been a lot of hard work, but in the end actually worth all the effort. Because my house is clean and I haven't really stressed out about how I am going to get it all done and the million other things that I have to do....like make cookies and play with my kiddos and check Facebook....

      Yesterday and today where my easy cleaning days. According to Martha's lists, I had three rooms left to clean for the week. The living room, dinning room and the library. We don't have a library. We do have bookshelves with books on them, so I am now calling that our library. I have made library cards for all the kids and I have already started to collect fines....Anyway  in order to clean these room I had to dust everything. And then mop everything mop-able and then vacuum everything vacuumable. Not so difficult right? It took me almost two hours to do all those things in those rooms and I'm not really sure why. It could be that I was watching a show, or trashy reality tv, or whatever and that made my cleaning take a little longer. Could be.


       Then today all I really did was laundry for the millionth time this week and dusted and vacuumed. Why is that all I did....because miracle of miracles, my house was clean from all my hard work during the other days of the week.


      So I know Ray is just as excited as he could be over the this new cleaning schedule. He may or may not be a little bit more tidy then I am.  And as much as I hate to admit when he is right about something, he may actually be right about cleaning things on a schedule and keeping a list. And as strange as it sounds, working harder during the week turned out to be easier in the end. Now I'm not going overboard here. Martha has a list for weekly maintenance to do on your air-conditioner. I'm not going to do that. I could spend every minute of my day cleaning something and checking something off a list. But I'm not going to.

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment